- This event has passed.
Prague City Architecture Walk 2
28 November 2021 @ 10:00 - 11:30
This event is free and open to all students, alumni and staff of Prague City University.
This is the second of four architecture walks around Prague with Architectural aficionado, Alex Went, which will concentrate on the architectural treasures of Malá Strana.
To join, simply meet at Divadlo Na Prádle, Besední 487 in Malá Strana at 10am, Sunday 28 November.
We will then:
- Walk along Nosticova towards the Nostic Palace (Ministry of Culture, 1660)
- Visit Maltézské námesti. Learn about the Maltese Order. Church of The Virgin Mary ‘under the chain’
- Visit Malostranské náměstí. The Cathedral of St Nicholas (1704-1755) and the Dientzenhoffers.
- Visit Nerudova Street – and view typical house signs
- Visit Waldstein Garden – and hear the story of Walenstein, and the employment of Italian architects in Prague
- Visit U Lužického semináře (1728) – Dientzenhoffer / Jesuits and Sorbians
- Visit Old Town Bridge Tower (1357) on Karlův most.
Total walk time = 1.5 hours
Bring a mask.
MAP OF WALK 2 = https://goo.gl/maps/